HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR GLOVE SIZE
Upwards of 50% of golfers are estimated to be wearing the wrong glove size. Most are wearing a glove that is too big. Your glove is the closest point of contact with your club; it should fit like a second skin. Any movement between hand and glove could compromise your swing.
How to Determine Your Glove Size
Two measurements determine your glove size:
- Length of middle finger
- Circumference of the hand measured around the first knuckle (excluding the thumb)
To measure your hand, download and print the following PDF on standard letter sized paper (8.5" x 11").
The first page is a guide to measure the length of your middle finger. The second page has a ruler you can cut out to measure the circumference of your hand. Use those two measurements to find your size in the following chart.
- If you fall between two sizes, try the smaller size first.
- If your size comes out different from what you normally wear, try the size we recommend first.
- If your Finger Length number is LESS than your Palm Width number, try a Cadet glove in your size.
- If your Finger Length and Palm Width number differ by more than 2 than you will want to try on several sizes to determine the best compromise.
- For some men, a Womens glove may be your best option. Several FootJoy tour players wear a Womens glove on tour for optimal performance.
- Always try the glove on to ensure proper fit.
- Check your size at the start of every season, it can change over time.
- Be sure to read Are you wearing the right size glove? before making a final glove size determination.